Tiny home owners are in a league of their own. While some decide to downsize to a tiny house out of financial necessity, there are those who pursue tiny living to go off-grid, declutter their lives, and reconnect with nature.
While many tiny homes are probably best suited to singles who can afford to go on the road freely, other demographics have begun to discover the advantages of going tiny. Newlyweds who aren’t planning to have kids yet may deeply enjoy the tiny house experience over pricey but stable traditionally-sized homes.
If you know a couple about to be married and who have decided to embrace living tiny, pick out the perfect gift for them with our handy gift guide.
Less Is More: Great Gift Ideas for Tiny Home Owners
Tiny house dwellers live differently compared to most people. To live tiny, you have to be on board with minimalism. Minimalism is a philosophy that helps people focus on only the most valuable things in life by eliminating all other distractions. The tiny house movement aligns well with minimalism as small, mobile homes offer less complexity than large, expensive homes.
A tiny house owner would only be able to occupy 100 to 400 square feet versus the average 2600 sq. ft. American house. Living tiny requires living with a lot less stuff. Before moving into their tiny houses, tiny house owners would need to declutter and say goodbye to many of their possessions. In fact, veteran tiny house dwellers even adjust their diets and social calendars to live much simpler as well.
To impress your newlywed friends with a gift idea that will suit their lifestyle and fit inside their house, here is our tiny home nation gift guide:
- Consumables: Tiny home dwellers would need to restock on goods and supplies regularly due to their limited space. Newlywed couples would appreciate construction supplies, first-aid necessities, medicines, self-care products, and other useful items they don’t have to store for long-term.
- Experiences: Minimalism teaches the tiny house nation to put more value on experiences rather than things, so why not sign up the newlyweds for something they can enjoy together? Music festivals, museum memberships, movie tickets, an annual national park pass - the options are endless.
- Gift Cards: Digital certificates, vouchers, or even a streaming subscription are ideal gifts for tiny home owners because they don’t take up physical space. In fact, they may even prefer a gift card so they can shop, dine, or be entertained according to their own tastes.
- Donations: Maybe the happy couple supports a specific cause that you can donate to on their behalf and in their name. Not only will a donation create a positive impact, but your friends are sure to be grateful for putting your money somewhere close to their hearts.
- Compact Furniture and Gadgets: A newlywed couple will undoubtedly spend a lot of time creating and maintaining their dream home. Look for compact furniture or gadgets that will fit in their available space: multipurpose furniture, storage seats, workstation-tables and so on. Be sure to consult with them first on how your gift will work inside their home.
9 Best Gifts to Get a Tiny House Dwellers
Just a quick note…any link on this page that leads to a product on Amazon is an affiliate link. We earn a small commission if you make a purchase. By doing this, you're supporting this website — thank you so much.
Although it may be challenging to buy wedding gifts aligned with the minimalist philosophy, this experience may open you up to gift alternatives you haven’t thought about before. If you really want to give the newlywed couple something to furnish their new home with, here are four things to keep in mind when shopping:
- Portable and compact: Many tiny house owners are attracted to the tiny life because it offers the freedom to travel. Your gift should be something they can bring around with them and store easily in their home.
- Hardy and durable: A gift that is too fragile might not last long if the couple plans on moving around with their tiny home. Be sure to find a high-quality present they can enjoy for a considerable period of time.
- Space-saving: Clutter is a big no-no in tiny homes. They only have so much space available, after all. Choose a gift that is sleek and doesn’t occupy a lot of storage area.
- Low power consumption: It’s better not to assume that each tiny house can supply the same power requirements as an ordinary house, so don’t buy gadgets that utilize too much electricity.
Still not sure about what products to give them? Take inspiration from our gift guide below:
Life inside a tiny house can get a little suffocating at times, which is why many members of the tiny house nation love going outdoors. This hammock will serve a small family well when they’re out on a hiking or camping adventure. Made of high quality materials, this hammock can comfortably fit two people and support up to 500 pounds. It’s easy to clean, easy to use, and easy to store - any recipient would be thrilled to have this.
The JHY Design Tabletop Fire Bowl Pot will make a great addition to any tiny house. Fueled by odorless, smokeless, and clean burning bio ethanol, it’s a ventless dancing flame fireplace that doesn’t even require a chimney. This real, tiny fireplace is strong and durable - made of metal, stainless steel, and tempered glass. Newlyweds can spend cozy and romantic evenings in front of an ash-free fire inside their tiny house.
Inside a tight living area, space is sacred. These nesting bowls are a good solution to have inside a kitchen since they can be stored away easily. Available in ombre colors, these mixing bowls with lids are easy to handle, stack, and clean. Recipients will be thrilled to have these bowls for meal prepping, whisking eggs, mixing dressing, storing leftovers, baking, or cooking. The Cook With Color Nesting Bowls Set are dishwasher and microwave safe.
Wall hangings and shelves that serve an additional purpose are incredibly popular among the tiny house community. Not only is this wall mounted wine rack an efficient way to store wine bottles, but it also serves as a striking, carved wood piece for the wall. For couples who love to entertain, the wine rack has four hooks for wine glasses and a tray to store corks in. This five-bottle wine holder is also sturdy, durable, and easy to install. Good memories and great drinks are almost certainly guaranteed.
Portability? Check. Easy to use? Check. Quick to assemble? Check.
The Cuisinart is a 14-inch grate with 150 square inches of space. It weighs only 2 lbs. and is secured by three durable locks, which makes this space-saving grill easy to take with you wherever you go. This portable grill is the perfect size for couples to cook their meals with. The Cuisinart 14-inch features a dual venting system for charcoal management and temperature control, as well as an enamel coated firebox and ash catcher for added safety and ease.
For many couples, coffee is the beverage of choice to perk up their day. This slim Keurig pod coffee maker is less than five inches wide, making it ideal for any small living space. You can easily squeeze it even onto a crowded countertop. The K-Mini is also incredibly energy-efficient and will automatically turn itself off 90 seconds after the last brew. The removal drip tray can also accommodate a travel mug up to seven inches tall, so you can enjoy coffee, tea, hot cocoa, or iced beverages on the go.
What’s not to love about breakfast? The Nostalgia Retro 3-in-1 Breakfast Station can serve couples and small families a fantastic meal every morning. It comes with a multi-functional toaster that can fit up to four slices of bread or a 7-inch pizza. Other uses for the toaster include cooking casseroles, baking cookies, and preparing other delicious meals.
The other two features are a 4-cup coffee maker and a family-sized griddle. The coffee maker comes with a glass carriage, a coffee scoop, and a reusable filter. Above the coffee maker and the toaster is the non-stick griddle which offers plenty of room to fry eggs, sausages, pancakes, and other breakfast foods with no problem. This gadget is a dream come true for any couple who finds early morning cooking to be a chore.
Tiny houses are prone to keeping excess moisture, mildew, mold, and odors indoors because the ventilation isn’t always as good as that in a traditional house. An air dehumidifier will solve this problem and make living spaces more comfortable. The Tenergy Sorbi model filters microparticles like pollen, dust, and dander. It works at very low noise levels, has an auto-shut off feature, and can remove up to 750 mL of water daily. Newlyweds can sleep with the dehumidifier on and wake up to fresh air inside their homes.
Although this gift suggestion is a little bit on the pricey side, the Apeman NM4 Mini Portable Projector is perfect for a tiny house cinema, outdoor parties, or even camping entertainment. Stream movies and videos on this pocket-sized mini projector - it’s lightweight, simple to operate, and comes with a tripod stand. Couples, families, and friends of all ages would love this gift to host film screenings with guests. When not in use, the portable projector can be tucked away with anywhere.
Hey, there! We're Ivan and Manuela from Croatia, and we're crazy about tiny houses. We don't own one (yet).
This website is a result of our passion to share all the knowledge, photos, tips and tricks that we were able to learn while studying everything possible about the tiny house movement.